All the cool kids (and by cool kids, I mean blogs I follow) seem to do the occasional “Five Things Friday” post so I figured I would join the fun and do my own. Here are 5 awesome things going on in my life right now:
1. This weekend is Boston Calling and I am so excited to spend the next 2 days listening to music. High School Becky is pumped to see musicians like Jenny Lewis, Death Cab for Cutie, and Brand New, while Present Day Becky is thrilled to see bands like The Neighbourhood, The Head and the Heart, and Bastille. It’s supposed to be a little rainy tomorrow, but as long as it isn’t freezing like last year, I can handle it (Last year, Eric brought winter gloves because he knew I was going to need them… even though I scoffed at the idea. Love my guy.) AND on Tuesday, we’re going to a free Delta Spirit show!
2. Training is going super well. Yesterday I took my first rest day in a week after successfully running or biking every day for a week. This morning, I did my first work-week bike ride and was successful in incorporating cross-training into the week. Tomorrow I’ll be running 12 miles as my last long run before the Heartbreak Hill Half Marathon on Sunday, June 8.
3. Holy moly my social life is blowing up. Now that we live closer to the city, I’m way less anxious about making plans with friends and other couples after work and I have lots of fun plans coming up to see friends that I haven’t seen in months/years.
4. Did I mention it’s a 3-day weekend? A 3-day weekend that marks the beginning of summer? It may be cloudy and misty, but Monday is supposed to be lovely, as is the rest of the week!
5. This shirt is amazing and I think I need it. Or this one. I bought shirts from ActivateApparel.com for me and Sarah that we wore during our March half marathon and their inventory is just perfect and hilarious in every way.