There are some things I’m REALLY excited about these days. I plan on posting an update about the first week of training this weekend, but for now, here’s a list of five awesome things on my mind:
1. I have raised close to $700 for the National MS Society‘s Boston Volvo 5K Road Race that is taking place on Thanksgiving next week. Because I originally signed up for the race as training for the Boston Marathon, my original goal was only $100. Since I wasn’t able to get a bib for the marathon, I decided to go all out on fundraising – sending emails, spamming Facebook, etc. What’s really exciting is that the majority of gifts have been $5-$25, which really demonstrates that even the smallest gifts add up and make a huge difference. I still have a week to go and I would LOVE to get to $1000. If YOU want to donate, click here and I will forever be thankful.
2. On a related note, Thanksgiving and Hanukkah are NEXT WEEK! I’ll be celebrating with Eric’s family and as the only person who celebrate Hanukkah, I plan on contributing some latkes and cranberry-stuffed sufganiyot. (Note: sufganiyot = jelly donuts. Jelly-filled donuts are a traditional Hanukkah food. Jews win.)
3. Also on a related note, the holidays are here! It’s time for gift-giving! Gift-giving entails two of my favorite activities; namely, shopping for presents and wrapping presents.
4. Finally, something different, yet still exciting: I have some really exciting races coming up. After next week’s 5K, there’s a half-marathon in January and the RAGNAR RELAY DEL SOL. Part of me wishes I could take a sabbatical from work and train for these races full time. The other part of me realizes that is ridiculous.
5. I know 2014 is still more than a month away, but I already have plans to travel to new states! The Ragnar Relay is in Phoenix, Arizona (Is it weird that I grew up in Los Angeles and I’ve never been to Arizona? Maybe a little…). I also recently received word that I have been approved to attend a writers conference in April… in Austin, Texas!
What are you excited about these days? Any good races coming up? Exciting travel plans? Holidays with the family?